1st Shift Production Supervisor
We are interested in developing technically-minded, highly-motivated, individuals into successful leaders. Moreover, the vision for the Production Supervisor position is to pursue a high-caliber candidate whose career goals align with succession into production and operations management. The selected candidate will play a key role in the manufacturing leadership team and have the opportunity to develop both a micro and macro understanding of the role of operations within the carpet cushion business. This position has an emphasis on leadership growth and process optimization. The ideal candidate will have a technical background, strong communication and problem solving skills, and passion for leadership and continuous improvement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Production Supervisor will be expected to take initiative and responsibility for his/her success practicing accountability and effective communication while working to maximize production efficiency. Responsibilities include:
- Indirect supervision of all Lamination and 1st Shift G&M Production Crew employees spanning the complete Carpet Cushion manufacturing process.
- Provide direction and leadership to the production workforce and conduct production team meetings.
- Ordering and receiving of production and personal protective equipment supplies.
- Effectively communicate and lead continuous improvement initiatives utilizing Key Process Indicator (KPI) metrics.
- Assist in raw material delivery, processing, and storage management.
- Ensure quality standards and production records are maintained consistently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Practice confidentiality with employee sensitive information.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field desired.
Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have 1-5 years of experience in a direct or indirect supervisory role.
- Excellent organization skills, strong attention to details, the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong communication, troubleshooting, and computer skills.
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both the production workforce and upper management
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Environment: 90% Production Floor
10% Office Environment