Fairless Hills, PA
Future Foam is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam, carpet underlay and comfort products. We are looking for a successful manufacturing professional for the Plant Manager position that possesses the following qualities.
• Instill a safe working environment both physically and emotionally for one’s self and others
• Promote excellence in manufacturing, quality and service
• Create an open, trusting and collaborative environment to foster communication at all levels of the organization
• Practice confidentiality to instill trust
• Be emphatic agents of change and help others adapt to it
• Take ownership, be accountable and lead by example
• Conduct one’s self with integrity and respect towards others
• Build individual success through team success. Motivate and support others to be successful
- Responsible for overall facility safety, maintenance, operations, record keeping, reporting, facility cost management, quality control, customer service, and on-time delivery.
- Plan, organize, lead, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed customers’ and Future Foam’s organizational expectations for carpet cushion operations.
- Build and Maintain a safety first culture
- Utilize lean manufacturing principles to reduce waste
- Develop and maintain a trusting relationship with workgroup as a servant leader
- Recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Develop and communicate strategies to all employees to provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor processes and implement corrective actions to continually improve operation
- Develop systems and processes that track productivity and performance to ensure effective return on assets
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
QUALIFICATIONS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- 5-10 years of manufacturing operations management experience
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Solid understanding of business and management principles (budgeting, supply chain, strategic planning, resource allocation and people development)
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean management principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- BS degree in Business Management, Engineering, or related field
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) desired
- Ability to manage travel up to 5%
- Flexibility to work after hours, and some weekend and holidays if needed.