We are interested in developing technically-minded, highly-motivated, individuals into successful leaders. Moreover, the vision for the Production Supervisor position is to pursue a high-caliber candidate and get them on the fast track to operations management and a successful career at Future Foam Inc. The selected candidate will play a key role in the manufacturing leadership team and have the opportunity to develop both a micro and macro understanding of the role of operations within the foam fabrication business. This position is a stepping stone to Production Management with an emphasis on leadership growth and process optimization. The ideal candidate will have a technical background, strong communication and problem solving skills, and passion for leadership and continuous improvement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Production Supervisor will be expected to take initiative and responsibility for his/her success practicing accountability and effective communication while working to maximize production efficiencies. Responsibilities include:
- Direct supervision of 30+ production employees spanning the complete foam fabrication process.
- Provide direction and leadership to the production workforce and conduct production team meetings.
- Manage inventory levels and produce accurate monthly reporting of inventory.
- Ordering and receiving of production and personal protective equipment supplies.
- Perform data analysis on production processes in order to optimize productivity and efficiency.
- Effectively communicate and lead continuous improvement initiatives utilizing Key Process Indicator (KPI) metrics.
- Assist in raw material delivery, processing, and storage management.
- Perform cost justification analysis for continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure quality standards and production records are maintained consistently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Practice confidentiality with employee sensitive information.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in industrial, systems, mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred.
Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have 1-5 years of experience in a direct or indirect supervisory role. Manufacturing Leadership program graduates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent organization skills, strong attention to details, the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong communication, troubleshooting, and computer skills.
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both the production workforce and upper management.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Access preferred.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Environment: 85% Production Floor
15% Office Environment