Sales Representative- Carpet Cushion
We are seeking an honest, competitive and ethical outside sales representative to enhance and develop relationships with key flooring retailers. In addition, this entry-level position will include special in house projects and analytical work that will require strong computer skills. The second phase of this position will be collaborating with other Territory Managers to preserve and grow existing accounts while mastering your own sales techniques. The 2-3 year objective for this position is to see this person advance to a Territory Manager.
After 2-3 years in this position, and demonstrated success, this person will have the opportunity to advance to a Territory Manager position. This advancement may require relocation to another state.
- Profile, target and prospect the assigned territory for growth opportunities within and beyond the existing retailer base.
- Grow overall account base, sales volume and product mix, leveraging Future Foam’s strengths to enhance customer value.
- Training seminars, meetings, and merchandising updates at big box stores.
- Promote and grow relationships with all stakeholders and customers.
- Maintain effective and regular communication with Regional Sales Manager.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must have strong skillsets in Power Point and Excel. Extra interest if you are familiar with PowerBI and Adobe Acrobat Pro. These will be used in this position.
- Understand market trends and have the ability to plan, forecast and execute sales goals.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with key accounts and influence key stakeholders.
- Comfortable taking ownership of special projects consistent with team success.
- Strong presentation skills from “one on one” to larger groups.
- Business acumen, and the ability and tenacity to meet goals.
- Ability to identify customer opportunities and develop effective strategies / tactics to capitalize on them.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer literacy with above average comfort using Power Point and Excel.
- Overnight travel as required (25-50%).
- Resides within the assigned territory with flexibility to move.
- Bachelor’s degree.