Future Foam, founded in 1958 and family owned, is a leading manufacturer of flexible polyurethane foam with plants throughout the United States and internationally. The business was built and continues to grow on a foundation of collaboration and entrepreneurship. Our values and culture are based upon mutual support, honest dealings, and operational excellence. For more about who we are and what we do please visit our web site at www.futurefoam.com.
We are in search of a PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR to work in our Newton, KS, facility. The position offers a challenging work environment where independence and creative thinking are the norm. This is a hands-on position which reports to the Production Manager.
• Coordinates and supervises all production activity, including scheduling
o Ensures that products are manufactured in compliance with customer specifications
• Coordinates activities between each operation, changing scheduled activities as needed while maintaining a consistent flow of production
• May need to operate forklift or other loading equipment
• Verifies accuracy of month end physical inventory
• Responsible for maintaining expected material conversions/yield expectations
• Creates and maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment for self and plant personnel
• Assists in the selection, training and supervision of production employees
• Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees
• Enforces employment policies, procedures, and productivity standards
• Work 45+ hours per week
• All other duties as assigned
• Five (5) years manufacturing experience
• Five (5) years supervisory experience
• Highly organized and structured with the ability to be adaptable to different situations
• Ability to comprehend metric unit of measure along with conversation to standard
• Ability to comprehend and calculate urethane unit of measure (board feet)
• Ability to lead a team
• Must be capable of learning & comprehending job assignments, possess good memory & recall skills, troubleshoot problems & independently implement solutions
• Must possess a willingness to learn, enjoy challenges, problem solve and think outside the box
• Ability to work flexible hours and unpredicted overtime, including 10 hours or more per day
Future Foam offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits program. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screening. All candidates hired must provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the U.S.