Future Foam is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam, carpet underlay and comfort products. We are looking for a summer intern that possesses the following qualities.
• Instill a safe working environment both physically and emotionally for one’s self and others
• Promote excellence in manufacturing, quality and service
• Create an open, trusting and collaborative environment to foster communication at all levels of the organization
• Practice confidentiality to instill trust
• Be emphatic agents of change and help others adapt to it
• Take ownership, be accountable and lead by example
• Conduct one’s self with integrity and respect towards others
• Build individual success through team success. Motivate and support others to be successful
We are currently looking for an engineering student to fill an internship position for the summer of 2019 at our facility located in Middleton, WI. This will be a hands on position working closely with our Foam Pouring Engineering Team.
During the internship, the student will have the opportunity to participate in day to day operations including, but not limited to:
- Manufacturing of polyurethane foam
- New formula development, scale-up, and production trials
- Interact with vendors for equipment design, purchase, and installation
- Laboratory testing of products
- Process improvement documentation
- Training in industrial Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs
- Participate in the Future Foam Leadership Development Program
The ideal candidate possesses curiosity and a fascination with learning the manufacturing process. They will have the opportunity to grow and gain experience working with other engineers as well as on independently assigned tasks.
Located next to the lively city of Madison, there is never a shortage of things to do in the area after the workday is over. We look forward to showing you around town after joining our team!
Future Foam is an equal opportunity employer.