Maintenance Technician-Kansas City, MO
Kansas City, MO 64116
We are in search of a Maintenance Technician for our Newton, KS Plant. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this individual will execute equipment repairs in a safe and timely manner, complete preventive maintenance services, and assist in engineering projects as needed. The successful candidate will maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. This position will provide the opportunity to develop strategies and work on projects that will ensure the long term technical health, integrity and performance of the plants and their assets.
- Ensures operation of, machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Troubleshoots production issues to eliminate downtime and makes repairs in a timely manner to meet production needs- Maintain records of maintenance on all plant equipment.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Maintain an established comprehensive P.M. schedule on assigned equipment.
- Assist in equipment rebuilding activities and engineering projects.
- Perform timely equipment change-over as required by the production schedule.
- Assist operators on equipment set-up to ensure proper operation.
- Comply with all work safety practices and environmental rules.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
- Assist in maintaining the facility as needed.
- Be able to respond to situations where shifting priorities are common and difficult conditions happen.
- High School Diploma is a job requirement- Associate’s Degree is a plus
- 2+ year of maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Able to work independently and in a team setting.
- Provide one’s own hand tools to perform job responsibilities.
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Able to work overtime as required.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Communicating verbally in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to multi task.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills on electrical, pneumatic, plumbing, & hydraulics.
- HVAC is a plus but not required.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, plumbing and electrical schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot control circuits.
- Experience troubleshooting PLC’s, drives and other various hardware.
- Welding and metal fabrication.
- Position is physically demanding. Ability to execute strenuous, sometimes repetitive physical work such as climbing, and lifting objects.
- Able to work in high temperatures.
- Working outdoors.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Ability to walk and carry tool backpack
Pay will depend on level of experience.
Competitive Wages and Benefits ∙ Equal Opportunity Employer