Automation and Controls Engineer-Tracy, CA
Looking to shorten your commute? We are in search of an Automation and Controls Engineer to work on robotics and automation projects at our Tracy, CA facility. These projects will be implemented on production lines at our US based plants as well as our German based contract cosmetics manufacturing facility.
This position will provide the opportunity to engineer new systems and work on projects that will reduce manual labor, increase throughput and improve product quality. The position will require a minimum of 20% travel.
- Work with the management and engineering team to come up with solutions to various problems on our production lines utilizing robotics, PLC’s, HMI’s, vision systems, drives and other industrial automation control equipment.
- Design, build, program and create proof of concept solutions at our Tracy, CA facility.
- Travel on site for commissioning, debugging, troubleshooting and provide ongoing support for these projects/solutions at our remote facilities.
- Remote support of equipment and travel on site for immediate emergency support as needed
- Willing to travel a minimum of 20% of the time
- Continuous professional development will be provided by organization paid training programs and appropriate classes
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Experience programming PLC’s/HMI’s
- Proficient using CAD (AutoCAD, Solidworks or Fusion 360)
- Experience with any robotic platform such as Universal Robots, Fanuc or Yaskawa would be a plus (but not required)
- Must possess a willingness to learn, enjoy challenges, problem solve and think outside the box
- 60% of the organization’s ideas come from non-managers. Work with production personnel when designing new systems.
- Your input for improvements to systems and processes will be welcomed and highly valued by upper management.
- Strive to adhere to Future Foam’s vision to be a leader in comfort and employee culture.
Future Foam, Inc,. is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam products that has been family owned for over 55 years. Its primary focus is to provide excellent quality and service throughout the manufacturing process. With 27 facilities across the United States and internationally, we take pride in having a culture that fosters an open, trusting and collaborative work environment. Most importantly we put safety first.