Class A – CDL Driver
We are looking for a dependable CDL driver with excellent customer service skills. As a part of our delivery team you will be responsible for driving your vehicle on a planned route to ensure deliveries are made on time in a safe manner. You will also assist in the loading and unloading process of goods and assist in local operations as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely and efficiently operate commercial motor vehicles in urban, suburban, and rural areas, in all weather conditions to transport freight.
- Comply with company policies and federal, state and local regulations.
- Follow company procedures for safely loading and unloading freight.
- Take and verify dispatch instructions.
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination (vans).
- Load and unload freight in varying weather conditions at the company and customer facilities.
- Safe operation of equipment and on-time movement of shipments.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Maintain electronic logs according to state and federal regulations
- Drivers may be assigned to loading and unloading of freight in offsite warehouses as needed
- Serve as a yard trailer mover when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential required function of this position
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prefer one (1) or more years’ experience as a CDL driver (Competitive wage based on experience)
- Ability to perform general clerical functions such as typing, 10-key calculator, and data entry.
- Ability to communicate thoughts, ideas, request, and problems to fellow employees and supervisors on a one-to-one basis, as well as over the phone and in written form.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and integrity to internal and external customers.
Future Foam Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer