Controls Engineer, Dallas TX 75220
Dallas, TX 75220
Future Foam, Inc., family owned for over 55 years, is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam products with 27 facilities across the United States and internationally.
We are in search of a Controls Engineer to work out of our Dallas, TX facility but who will support all operations. The position offers a challenging work environment where independence and creative thinking are the norm. This position will provide the opportunity to work on projects and targeted improvements that will ensure the long term technical health, integrity and performance of the plant.
- Design, build, program, commission, debug, troubleshoot, and provide ongoing support of various makes and models of PLC’s, HMI’s, drives, and other industrial automation control equipment
- Work with plant personnel to plan all aspects of the integration of new equipment and the upgrade of existing equipment
- Travel on site for commissioning and tuning of control systems
- Remote support of equipment and travel on site for immediate emergency support as needed
- Document and communicate programs, designs, and all other work performed
- Attend company paid training courses as needed for professional development
- Willing to travel a minimum of 30% of the time, including weekends
- All other duties as assigned
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum: 2 year Associate’s degree or technical college certification in electrical engineering, industrial controls, or other related program
- 2+ years’ experience as a controls engineer
- Proficient with Rockwell Automation programming software such as RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000
- Proficient in creating AutoCAD schematics
- Also prefer experience with Omron control products, Wonderware, Fanuc, Yaskawa, Red Lion, Emerson or Lenze
- Highly organized and structured with the ability to be adaptable to different situations
- Must possess a willingness to learn, enjoy challenges, problem solve and think outside the box
- Future Foam’s goal is to have 60% of the organization’s ideas is to come from non-managers. To achieve this goal, the position will involve working closely with production personnel when designing new systems.
- Your input for improvements to systems and processes will be welcomed and highly valued by upper management
- Strive to adhere to Future Foam’s vision to be a leader in comfort and employee culture