Controls Engineer, Dallas TX 75220
Dallas, TX 75220
Future Foam, Inc., family owned for over 55 years, is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam products with 27 facilities across the United States and internationally.
We are in search of a Controls Engineer to work out of our Dallas, TX facility but who will support all operations. The position offers a challenging work environment where independence and creative thinking are the norm. The position will also require a minimum of 30% travel.
- Design, build, program, commission, debug, troubleshoot, and provide ongoing support of various makes and models of PLC’s, HMI’s, drives, and other industrial automation control equipment
- Work with plant personnel to plan all aspects of the integration of new equipment and the upgrade of existing equipment
- Travel on site for commissioning and tuning of control systems
- Remote support of equipment and travel on site for immediate emergency support as needed
- Document and communicate programs, designs, and all other work performed
- Attend company paid training courses as needed for professional development
- Willing to travel a minimum of 30% of the time, including weekends
- All other duties as assigned
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum: 2 year Associate’s degree or technical college certification in electrical engineering, industrial controls, or other related program
- 2+ years’ experience as a controls engineer
- Proficient with Rockwell Automation programming software such as RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000
- Proficient in creating AutoCAD schematics
- Also prefer experience with Omron control products, Wonderware, Fanuc, Yaskawa, Red Lion, Emerson or Lenze
- Highly organized and structured with the ability to be adaptable to different situations
- Must possess a willingness to learn, enjoy challenges, problem solve and think outside the box
- Future Foam’s goal is to have 60% of the organization’s ideas is to come from non-managers. To achieve this goal, the position will involve working closely with production personnel when designing new systems.
- Your input for improvements to systems and processes will be welcomed and highly valued by upper management
- Strive to adhere to Future Foam’s vision to be a leader in comfort and employee culture