Controls Technician- Middleton, WI
Future Foam is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam, carpet underlay and comfort products. We are looking for a successful technical professional that possesses the following qualities:
• Instills a safe working environment both physically and emotionally for one’s self and others
• Promotes excellence in manufacturing, quality and service
• Creates an open, trusting and collaborative environment to foster communication at all levels of the organization
• Practices confidentiality to instill trust
• Is an emphatic agent of change and helps others adapt to it
• Takes ownership, is accountable, and leads by example
• Conducts one’s self with integrity and respect towards others
• Builds individual success through team success. Motivates and supports others to be successful
- Troubleshoot production issues to eliminate downtime and make repairs in a timely manner to meet production needs- Maintain records of maintenance on all plant equipment.
- Maintain an established comprehensive P.M. schedule on assigned equipment.
- Assist in equipment rebuilding activities and engineering projects.
- Perform timely equipment change-over as required by the production schedule.
- Assist operators on equipment set-up to ensure proper operation.
- Comply with all work safety practices and environmental rules.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Assist in maintaining the facility as needed.
- Develop electrical design, schematics, and drawings in AutoCAD
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements (e.g. SolidWorks)
- Research supplier products for assembly components
- Help establish new and maintain existing standards
- Develop electrical bills of materials
- Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications
- Monitor the quality of assemblers’ and technicians’ work and respond to inquiries during assembly
- Design and develop software applications based on given requirements and specifications
- Understand plant requirements for GUI/communication interface, networking and create specifications based on these requirements
- Review, repair, and redesign legacy code
- Troubleshoot issues with existing company-installed systems
- Write user manuals to communicate functionality of company-developed programs
QUALIFICATIONS / OTHER REQUIREMENT
- AS degree in industrial electronics or related experience
- Prior experience in industrial maintenance
- Solid mechanical aptitude
- Experience with PLC programming software such as: AB, RSLogix
- Experience with design/drafting tools such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Programming Logic Controllers (PLC) (e.g. Allen-Bradley, Siemens)
- Experience configuring and designing HMI systems (e.g. AB, Red Lion, Wonderware, etc)
- Familiar with Industry Standards UL and CE
- Experience with various Motion Controllers/Actuators/AC Drives (e.g. AB, Yasakawa, etc)
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting control system issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others, and have a positive attitude
- Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy
- Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Flexibility to work after hours, and some weekend and holidays if needed.