Maintenance Manager- Middleton, WI
Future Foam is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam, carpet underlay and comfort products. We are looking for a successful maintenance professional for the Maintenance Manager position that possesses the following qualities.
• Instill a safe working environment both physically and emotionally for one’s self and others
• Promote excellence in manufacturing, quality and service
• Create an open, trusting and collaborative environment to foster communication at all levels of the organization
• Practice confidentiality to instill trust
• Be emphatic agents of change and help others adapt to it
• Take ownership, be accountable and lead by example
• Conduct one’s self with integrity and respect towards others
• Build individual success through team success. Motivate and support others to be successful
This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for all maintenance and engineering activities. Responsibilities include motivating the maintenance team and building a strong sense of community. Develop and execute strategies to continuously train and develop the skills of the maintenance technicians. Manage large complex capital projects that utilize both internal and external resources. Participate on the plant management staff to ensure alignment on all operational activities and plans. The ideal candidate will have a background in maintenance, strong communication and problem solving skills, and a passion for leading and developing people. We are interested in highly-motivated, technically-minded, individuals that strive for success.
- Promote a safety-centered culture and ensure compliance within the workplace
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties
- Coordinate with production to accommodate all necessary repairs and improvements
- Manage multiple priorities for the four plants
- Delegate responsibilities and ensure work orders are completed on time
- Communicate maintenance and project updates to all stakeholders
- Develop and implement best practices to improve maintenance department processes
- Monitor and leverage KPI data within the maintenance department for continuous improvement
- Create bench strength by cross training and coordinating continuous education
- Implement 5s within the maintenance department and maintenance shop.
- Continuously develop spare parts management and inventory control strategies.
- Continue development and deployment of CMMS implementation
- Manage maintenance department spending and budgeting
- Develop scope and cost estimates for capital projects and coordinate execution
QUALIFICATIONS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of maintenance and engineering experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Engineering degree required (BSME or equivalent)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Manage travel up to 5%
- Flexibility to work after hours, and some weekend and holidays if needed.