Dallas, TX 75220
Future Foam, Inc., a manufacturer of rebond carpet underlay seeks a maintenance mechanic/electrician for 1st shift. This 10 hour shift will start at 4:00AM and end at 2:00PM. Hours are subject to change to meet customer demands.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this individual will execute equipment repairs in a timely manner, complete preventive maintenance service, and assist in engineering projects as needed.
- Perform timely equipment change-over’s as required by productions schedule
- Follow and implement all safety procedures including LOTO
- The ability to troubleshoot both electrical and mechanical issues. This includes but is not limited to PLC’s, HMI’s, controls, motors, drives, conveyors, grinders, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Maintains an established comprehensive P.M. schedule on assigned equipment.
- Assist in equipment rebuilding activities and engineering projects
- Makes timely repairs to meet production needs.
- Assist operators on equipment set-ups to ensure proper operations
- Requisitions for parts, components, supplies and equipment to be used in the maintenance area
- Complies with all safe work practices and environmental rules.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s degree or higher a plus.
- Able to work in a team setting
- Must provide one’s own hand tools required to perform job responsibilities
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Able to work overtime as required
- 5 years experience in an industrial and production environment is required
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Electrical, Pneumatic, and Mechanical troubleshooting
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot controls circuits
- Must demonstrate timely troubleshooting skills to limit downtime due to breakdowns
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to execute strenuous, sometimes repetitive physical work such as climbing, lifting objects up above shoulder level weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in high temperatures