Future Foam is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam, carpet underlay and comfort products. We are looking for a Process Engineer for our Middleton, WI plant. This is a hands-on manufacturing position offering an opportunity for immediate contributions to the company in an exciting fast paced environment. Primary responsibilities will be to learn departmental operations, lead crew in production activities, and help maintain/improve/troubleshoot manufacturing equipment. Candidates will gain the skills to manage the business via in-house leadership training and mentor-ship with the potential for promoting from within the company. Interactions with both team members and internal customers will occur on a daily basis. There is the potential for occasional travel. Secondary responsibilities include product formulating, production scheduling, quality control, ordering supplies, cross training and procedure development. This position will also provide the opportunity to work on short term projects and targeted improvements. The position provides the opportunity for both office work and hands-on engineering/production work. Future growth opportunities within the company may open up based on the rate of development and experiences, including management or relocation
• Responsible for all internal departmental activities including, but not limited to, foam production, scheduling, personnel management and engineering for foam production area.
o Possesses an understanding of chemistry, physics and math to create foam formulations and binder recipes.
o Coordinates production schedule with traffic and customer service.
o Supervises foam runs.
o Leads department improvement activities.
• Maintains department’s staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
• Oversees training activities for department employees.
• Responsible for thorough knowledge of processes, controls, manufacturing techniques and engineering practices to ensure repeatable quality foam product that meets customer specifications.
o Creates and modifies Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), checklists and safety documents.
o Designs and implements engineering upgrades to equipment and processes.
o Attends to machine maintenance and preventive maintenance programs.
• Performs a variety of general clerical functions such as typing and filing. Compiles reports and spreadsheets, maintains files and records, and posts data as needed.
• Participates in improvement projects and activities.
QUALIFICATIONS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering, or equivalent chemical industry experience is required
• Strong problem solving, data analysis, multitasking, organizational, and communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently and with teams. Should be able to interact with all levels of management, vendors and clients.
• Technical Skills: Chemical laboratory work required.
• Proficient with MS Office suite.
• Preferred Experience: Exposure to polymer chemistry. Process optimization and controls coursework.
• Co-op or internship in a manufacturing environment a plus.
• Leadership experience is a plus.
• Competitive compensation program.
Future Foam is an equal opportunity employer.